Washington State University
- BA in Government, Frank Knox Fellowship
- MA in English, University of Exeter, England
- Professorships. Hal’s teaching experience includes courses and seminars produced and delivered for The Evergreen State College and Harvard College. As an Adjunct Professor, he recently developed and taught, for Seattle Pacific University, the “Sustainable Solutions” curriculum for Business and MBA students.
- Broadcast. Hal Calbom began his career in television broadcast news and public affairs. He worked for King Television, the Seattle NBC affiliate, as a reporter, producer, writer, news anchor and program host, winning five Emmy Awards for production and the Champion Media Award for Economic Understanding.
- Media Production. Calbom has successfully brought to market over 70 video-based learning programs, including the groundbreaking “Computers at Work” series for McGraw-Hill Education; the “It’s Your Business” interactive series on EEOC compliance issues; the “Working Successfully in America” Spanish-English multiple-media series on workplace readiness; the pioneering film “Evergreen: The Washington Clean Tech Story;” and more than 50 training / education titles in the Crisp Video-Book Program. Most recently, Calbom wrote, developed and produced “Sustainable Solutions: The Business of Green,” a pro-business / pro-environment series of practical case studies for the education and training markets.
- Web-based and Social Media Production. Hal Calbom is producer of three series of web-ready short videos: “Export Success Stories” for the Washington State Department of Commerce; “Solutions Stories,” in collaboration with Climate Solutions; and the “Kitsap Connected” promotional campaign.
- Talent / Hosting / Speaking. Hal is recognized as an interviewer, program host, on-camera talent, voice-over narrator, keynote speaker, instructor and panel moderator. He has worked as on-camera spokesperson for a national healthcare insurance provider, a maritime training company, and the Washington Clean Technology Alliance, among others.
- Communications Consulting. Calbom consults with corporate clients specializing in market analysis, content conversion, production development and partnership strategy, including Microsoft Publishing, Kitsap Bank, Avista Corporation, the American Architectural Foundation, and the City of Seattle.
Hal Calbom provides media development, production, consulting and marketing communications services with a particular emphasis on public affairs and adult education.
For more information, visit halcalbom.com.