As of Fall 2017 E M 702 will be replaced by E M 701 for all students entering the master’s degree program, and additionally for those students who do not have an approved Program of Study on file with the ETM program. For more information, please click here, or contact the academic coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a reminder that the last day to submit a completed petition to drop courses is Friday, April 28, 2017.
As with all Graduate School forms, the Petition form must be complete and must be submitted to the Graduate School by your Academic Coordinator via their portal. Once you complete the form, please send it to the ETM academic coordinator, Patti Elshafei.
The Graduate School will soon be conducting the 2017 Graduate Student Survey to gain insight into graduate student experiences into their programs and the climate within their programs. The survey will be made available to all graduate students enrolled at WSU and only takes 20 minutes to complete. Participation is completely voluntary and all information will remain confidential. Your feedback is important to us, so please be on the lookout for an email from the Graduate School.
There will be a Grad Fair at the Alumni Centre between 8AM to 6PM on Wednesday or Thursday, March 22 or 23, 2017 for on campus students to rent their cap and gown. Master’s regalia rental price is $77.00 and includes gown, hood, university yoke, cap and tassel.
If you are unable to attend the Grad Fair or are off campus you may order your regalia directly online at Jostens beginning Friday, March 24. The cost will increase to include shipping. Contact the Bookie at (509)332-2537 or email@example.com if you have questions.
Please take note of the following:
- April 14, 2017 is the last day to order regalia.
- All rentals must be returned to the Bookie (located in the CUB) by 7PM on Monday, May 8th, 2017.
- The Bookie is open 8:30AM to 7PM on Saturday, May 6th; 9AM-5PM Sunday, May 7th, and 7:30AM – 7PM Monday, May 8.
- Masters graduates will keep the cap and tassel.
- Male Candidates remove academic caps during the posting of the colors and national anthem.
- Master’s, MBA, Doctor of Pharmacy, and Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree candidates wear the university yoke underneath the master’s or doctoral hoods.
- Tassels are to be worn on the right side for all graduates.
Please note the following deadlines coming up.
March 3: Deadline to apply for a Graduate Certificate for Spring 2017. If submitted after the deadline, it will require a formal Exception to Policy and Dean approval. Late fees of $50 and $75 will also be assessed for applications submitted by March 31 and April 21, respectively.
March 3: Deadline to apply for graduation. Late fees will be assessed to applications submitted past the deadline. Note: You must apply before your final exam is scheduled. For more information, please visit WSU Graduate School website.
From WSU Global Connections Website:
Launch your career with these free online professional development events throughout the spring semester! By attending online career sessions, you can build a foundation of skills necessary to start your career after you graduate from WSU Global.
- Salary Negotiation
Feb. 15 at 5:30 p.m. PT
- Using LinkedIn Effectively
Feb. 23 at 6:30 p.m. PT
- Advanced Resume Writing
Mar. 1 at 5:30 p.m. PT
Apr. 12 at 6:30 p.m. PT
Learn more and register here.
The Voiland College of Engineering and Architecture’s online engineering program is once again ranked among the best online graduate programs in the nation. With a nine point improvement compared to last year, it is now among the top 30 programs of choice for those who want to earn an advanced degree and further their careers. WSU’s Master of Engineering and Technology Management (METM) program, established in 1982, serves technical professionals and engineers from around the globe who want to learn how to more effectively manage projects, people, and technology for better results, while still maintaining a full-time job. WSU’s online engineering offerings also include a professional science Master’s degree in electrical power engineering and a new Master’s degree in software engineering. The programs aim to address high industry demand and the shortage of trained engineers. Read more on WSU News.
- Students should be checking their WSU email account frequently for communications from university offices; we recommend checking at least daily. Use your WSU email address when corresponding with WSU offices.
- Students: Please keep your mailing address current.
- Graduate School Forms: Please use the current version of each form located on our FORMS website. Be sure to download the form before completing it (you may need to download a more current version of Adobe Reader – see our site for details).
- ALL forms are now submitted to the Graduate School by your Academic Coordinator via the Graduate Research Management (GRM) portal in the myWSU system. ETM Academic Coordinator is Patti Elshafei (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Deadline on forms submissions: this is the last date the completed form can be submitted to the Graduate School via the portal. Students will need to allow as much time as their department requires (see your department) to allow their Academic Coordinator sufficient time to review each form for completeness and then to submit it to the Graduate School. It is the responsibility of the student (working with their department) to insure completed forms are submitted.