Jim R. Jones
Washington State University
- Bachelors in Organizational Leadership Gonzaga
- Masters in Organizational Leadership Gonzaga
- Doctorate of Leadership Philosophy Gonzaga
- Technical Project Management – Agile methodologies
- Technical Organization Leadership
- Managing and Engaging Technical Teams
- Strategic and Tactical Planning
Jim Jones, PhD, most recently served as a subject matter expert for Emeritus and instructor for the newly launched Technical Project Certification program offered through MIT.
Prior to Emeritus, Dr. Jones was a subject matter expert, course designer, and Technical Project Management instructor for Thinkful. At Thinkful, Dr. Jones facilitated the online class lectures, created course content and assessment rubrics.
Before his role at Thinkful, Dr. Jones was the Associate Vice President and Chief Information Officer (CIO) at the Oregon Institute of Technology (Oregon Tech) where he provided vision, leadership, integrative management, and direction for the University’s shared and secured information systems. Furthermore, he helped to mobilize and promote leading-edge computing technology environment for faculty and students.
Dr. Jones had been with Gonzaga University in Spokane, Washington, serving as Associate CIO and Interim CIO responsible for strategic planning, contract negotiation for technology projects, and facilitating budget growth and project governance into technology initiatives.