Requirements and Application Procedures
Admission to the Engineering and Technology Management program and the WSU Graduate School requires having a bachelor’s degree from an accredited program. For the ETM program, exposure to disciplines in engineering or technology through study or employment is also required. One of our strictest requirements is that applicants are working in and have significant industry or engineering experience and math through at least college algebra, although calculus is preferred. If you have a math deficiency, you may wish to consider one of the free online programs or a community college refresher.
Master’s Degree Requirements
- a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- 3.0 GPA
- three letters of recommendation
- a personal statement
- a résumé showing significant experience
Certificate Program Requirements
- a bachelor’s degree
- 3.0 undergraduate GPA
- a personal statement
- a résumé
Because the certificates consist of regular graduate courses, admission to the graduate school is still necessary.
To begin taking classes at the beginning of the next term when there is insufficient time for full admission, students may take the two-step approach to admission. Initially, students apply to the Graduate School in the Non-Degree Graduate Status category. (You may stay in this category for one calendar year; however, a maximum of six credits will count toward a degree.) This requires only a one-page Graduate School application and a $50.00 application fee (students with non-USA degrees will need to provide official transcripts). This is very quick and easy. All applicants should complete the forms online* and email a copy to email@example.com, then print off the forms and mail them to the Graduate School address on the form with the fee via expedited mail.
* Note: Some browsers require fillable PDF forms to be downloaded before completing the fields. If you cannot type in the form fields, please try downloading the form to your computer desktop. Please use the online fillable form and do not hand print.
To continue taking courses that will apply to a degree or certificate after six credits or one year, students must re-apply to a regular admission category and submit all application requirements. (Note: You may not stay enrolled in the Non-Degree Graduate Student status after one calendar year. The Registrar absolutely will NOT allow you to register until you complete the normal admissions process.) This is more time-consuming of course; hence the two-step approach.
- International students may not use this admission category unless specifically directed.
- This category is a limited admission and has restrictions, so should only be used by students who are applying too late for regular admission, have a low undergraduate GPA, or who are sure they only want one or two classes.
If you are enrolled in a bona fide graduate program in another institution, you may enroll in specific courses in the WSU Engineering and Technology Management Program by submitting the following form: Visiting Graduate Application.